How do I get my North Carolina Real Estate License?
- Complete the North Carolina Real Estate Broker Prelicensing Course
- Submit a license application and criminal background check to the North Carolina Real Estate Commission
- Take and pass the North Carolina Real Estate Broker Licensing Exam
- Receive your license and affiliate with a licensed North Carolina Broker-in-Charge
- Daytime, evening, and on-demand classes
- Live online – $495 tuition includes textbook – $250 due at registration, remainder due half-way through course
- On-demand online – $465 tuition
Live online Prelicensing
This course consists of 75 hours of instruction and is offered in an online presentation method on Zoom.
We have two class formats for live classes. Day classes meet two days a week for six weeks. Classes are from 9 am – 5:30 pm (with a one-hour lunch break at 1 pm). Evening classes meet two days a week from 6 pm – 10 pm for approximately eleven weeks.
For live online classes through Zoom you will need: broadband internet access, a working webcam/microphone, ability to see full screen and access keyboard at the same time. Login from a phone is prohibited.
NC Real Estate Commission rules require students to attend at least 80 percent of all live classes. Students can miss up to 15 hours. All hours missed are counted toward the total absences allowed, and students may not “make-up” a missed class or any portion of a missed class.
PRELICENSING COURSE SCHEDULE
Live Online Prelicensing
ON-DEMAND ONLINE PRELICENSING
We believe the live courses above are the best option for most students to complete the prelicensing course. But if those courses do not fit your schedule, there is a self-paced option to complete the 75-hour North Carolina broker real estate prelicensing course. This course lets you learn when – and where – it’s convenient for you.
Class will run on Windows or Mac operating systems and will require broadband internet access. There is no textbook requirement for this course.
Course must be completed within six months from the date of registration. Extensions of the course are $50 for 30 days.
- Complete the course on your own schedule
- $465 Tuition
- End-of-course exam may be taken at Cumbie & Trull for no cost. Class exam may also be taken online through a 3rd party proctor. Student will be responsible for a $15 for the online proctor.