PRELICENSING COURSE SCHEDULE
Course cost includes free study materials such as quizzes, tests, and our textbook sidekick as well as the cost of the end-of-course exam. All study materials are available online through Google Drive.
Please click below to view our class schedule and register for an upcoming course.
How do I get my North Carolina Real Estate License?
- Complete the North Carolina Real Estate Broker Prelicensing Course
- Submit a license application and criminal background check to the North Carolina Real Estate Commission
- Take and pass the North Carolina Real Estate Broker Licensing Exam
- Receive your license and affiliate with a licensed North Carolina Broker-in-Charge
- Daytime, evening, weekend and on-demand classes
- Live online or in-person – $450 tuition
- On-demand online – $465 tuition
Live online or in-person Prelicensing
This course consists of 75 hours of instruction and is offered in an online presentation method on Zoom or in-person.
For live online classes through Zoom you will need: broadband internet access, a working webcam/microphone, ability to see full screen and access keyboard at the same time. Login from a phone is prohibited. Class material and link will be sent out no later than 5pm the business day before the class begins.
In-person classes will be held in downtown Asheville at the Lenoir-Rhyne campus in the Asheville Chamber of Commerce building.
NC Real Estate Commission rules require students to attend at least 80 percent of all live classes. Students can miss up to 15 hours. All hours missed are counted toward the total absences allowed, and students may not “make-up” a missed class or any portion of a missed class.
ON-DEMAND ONLINE PRELICENSING
We believe the live courses above are the best option for most students to complete the prelicensing course. But if those courses do not fit your schedule, we partner with Hondros Learning to offer a self-paced option to complete the 75-hour North Carolina broker real estate prelicensing course. This course lets you learn when – and where – it’s convenient for you.
Class will run on Windows or Mac operating systems and will require broadband internet access. There is no textbook requirement for this course.
You will have 180-days to complete the course and it’s exam. The North Carolina Real Estate Commission does not permit courses to be extended past 180-days. If your course has expired, you will need to re-register and retake the course.
- Complete the course on your own schedule
- $465 Tuition
- Class exam may be taken online through a 3rd party proctor. Student will be responsible for a $15 fee for the online proctor.